Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I know times are tough and General Motors is struggling to stay afloat, but news of the company's viability plan to the government is very disappointing. I have found it difficult to accept that I will probably not be able to get another HUMMER when my current H3 Alpha lease ends. Now, with news that GM will likely only keep the Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick and GMC divisions active, my choices for sticking with GM are drastically reduced.

I love having an SUV, but don't want to return to a full-sized model. I did the HUMMER H2 for almost three years and though I really enjoyed the vehicle, I hated what I had to pay to keep gas in the tank. I suppose I can switch to a Tahoe or Yukon.

As for cars, when and if I trade in my Mercedes-Benz SL500, I will consider a Corvette or Camaro from Chevy or a CTS from Cadillac. If GM decides to continue the Pontiac line, which is a slim possibility, the G8 becomes an option, too. I'm a year away from an SUV decision and who knows what the situation will be for GM and for me, personally. At this point, we'll just have to wait and see.

Oh, Good Evening!