Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Farewell Circuit City

The end of an electronics retail era is just days away.  Circuit City, now in liquidation, shuts down completely on Sunday.

It saddens me to see the chain shut down, mostly because 34,000 people lost their jobs.  While Circuit City was not my primary destination for electronics purchases, I bought three digital televisions and many other smaller items over the years.  I always got good service from the Columbia stores and the times when I had problems with one of the televisions I purchased, they resolved the problems in ways that exceeded my expectations.

Having said all of that, the liquidation sale was disappointing from the standpoint of being able to find great deals.  I seriously considered buying another television but when the liquidation prices were higher than the former regular prices, I passed.  But, I was able to enhance my fledgling Blu-Ray disc collection.

Oh, Good Evening!

No comments: