Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Lions WIN!!!

Lions RB Jahvid Best
Photo: Gavin Smith/detroitlions.com
I can't remember the last time that I enjoyed a Sunday afternoon as much as I have enjoyed today.  Usually, my afternoon in front of the television watching my beloved, but long beleaguered Detroit Lions, so tremendously disappointing.  Today, my team did what every die hard Lions fan has been waiting a long time to see-- they won, and won BIG!

When was the last time the Lions put 44 points on the scoreboard and kept an opponent out of the endzone?  Great job by the Motor City Men in defeating the St. Louis Rams.  Final score: 44-6.

Now, my joy is tempered a bit because the win could prove costly.  Star wide receiver Calvin Johnson, who happens to be on my fantasy team, suffered a shoulder injury early in the fourth quarter.  I pray it's not a bad separation similar to what quarterback Matt Stafford is currently rehabbing.

Oh, Good Evening!

No comments: