Saturday, January 21, 2012

Do NOT try this at home!


After watching WIS News Saturday Morning for an update on local news, I turned on CBS This Morning Saturday just in time to see co-host Rebecca Jarvis doing a segment about unusual uses for vodka with guest Alex Bandon who is the online editor for This Old House. Bandon says you can use vodka for things like:

-Deodorizing shoes/boots
-Cleaning hard water stains on chrome
-Deodorizing laundry
-Cleaning rusty screws
-Cleaning tile grout

See more uses here.

During the segment, one bottle, each, of Smirnoff and Absolut was on the counter.  WHY would I use GOOD VODKA for these purposes?!?!?!?  Why would I use ANY vodka for these purposes?!?!?

Bandon repeatedly said vodka is great for these purposes because "it's just like rubbing alcohol." If that's the case-- THEN, USE RUBBING ALCOHOL!!!!  It's A LOT cheaper and can't be used to make a refreshing Screwdriver or stiff Martini!!!

The segment closed with Bandon saying, "I wouldn't say use your top shelf vodka, but if you have a bottle left over from the holidays that you aren't going to drink…"  VODKA DOESN'T SPOIL!!!!! I WILL DRINK IT, EVENTUALLY!!!!! 

As a vodka lover, I found this segment absolutely APPALLING!!!  I'm glad I wasn't watching this within earshot of my bar.  I wouldn't want my friends Ms. Pinnacle and Mr. Svedka to suffer any unnecessary stress.

Oh, Good Evening!

No comments: