Saturday, August 18, 2012

Random Generosity


While at Office Depot this afternoon, I encountered a kindergarten teacher who was buying notebooks for her class. She was getting 10 standard composition books and having them cut in half for her young students. As she was getting ready to pay, I said, "I will take care of it." The joyful surprise on her face was all the thanks I needed.

Teachers are under-appreciated, underpaid and under-supported, in my opinion. My late father was an educator and in his honor, I was happy to pick up this teacher's tab. I encourage others to do the same.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've said it a thousand times but you keep proving time and again that U DA MAN!!!!
Now, if only we could get legislators to be men and women and properly fund education in this state...