Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Terrific Trio

I haven't even made it back to Jackson yet and I am such an emotional wreck over Bruce's death. For the better part of the last 15 years, the three guys pictured here have been about as tight as tight gets when it comes to friends. Karl Sykes (l), Bruce Weathersby (r), and me. This photo was taken at Karl's house during one of my visits home. I don't remember the date, but I think it was four or five years ago.

Back in the day, Karl brought us all together. Bruce kept us all together. I was lucky to be along for the ride. True friendship is a special thing. And we had it. Things changed a bit on Friday because Bruce moved on to a better life in Heaven. Karl and I will join Bruce's family and a ton of other friends for services on Thursday and it will be a most difficult time. But we will be there for each other. Bruce and I were more like brothers than friends, but it was the deep friendship that made the brotherhood possible. I know it's going to be so hard to say "farewell, for now." But I have faith that we'll be reunited someday.

1 comment:

Miss Houston said...

Mike,
I was so moved by your tribute.. I too shared a 20plus year fiendship with Bruce. It started when we were both 11 and 12 respectively trying to learn to play golf in Jackson. Bruce will certainly be missed and I too cherish the many fond memories of him and the fun times we shared. Thanks for keeping it real.
Anjelica