Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I Love My HUMMER!

This photo of me with my HUMMER H2 was taken on Sunday, July 17, 2005 in the parking of my friend Errin's Atlanta apartment building. I had signed the lease papers just four days earlier and obviously could not wait to take her on a road trip. (LOL)

I love driving the H2 because it's such a cool looking vehicle. There is nothing else on the road quite like it. Big, boxy, and bodacious, with unique little features including perimeter lighting and side hood latches. It's definitely an attention grabber. When it comes to HUMMER vehicles, most people either love them or hate them. Very few fall in the middle. Kids seem to fall in the "love it" category while adults are split. After a year of ownership, it's apparent to me adults who hate the H2 keep their opinions to themselves and only adults who like the vehicle actually talk to me about it. And, their number one question is, "how much does it cost to fill that thing up?"

Yes, Miss HUMMER drinks some gasoline. The truck has a 32 gallon tank and averages a little more than 10 miles per gallon overall. If I'm light on the pedal- keeping the speed under 70 miles per hour- and a bit lucky, I might get 12 miles per gallon on the highway. At today's prices ($2.83/gallon in SC), the tank holds about $90 worth of gas and a round trip between Columbia and Atlanta (450 miles) costs about $116. And, that's just getting there and back. That does not include gasoline burned while driving around the city. That begs the question, "why drive one of these thirsty beasts?" For me, the answer is simple-- it's so cool!

That said and considering the operating costs, I am very glad I still have my car for road trips and running most errands around town. The HUMMER is very handy for things like grocery shopping, trips to Best Buy for boxy purchases, and driving to the airport with large luggage. It's also great for taking the occasional curb, tailgating at football games, or parking at the State Fair. And, another big reason I like driving the H2-- people move out of my way!

Oh, Good Evening!

So, now that you know why I love my HUMMER, tell me why you love your vehicle.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's obvious why I love my Crossfire...
nuff said... A

Unknown said...

Hmmm... let's see, the car is bright yellow, it's a convertible, and it sips gas compared to my H2. Am I close? (LOL)

Anonymous said...

You finally got the Hummer!!!!
When I left Columbia that's all you talked about is that stupid gas drinking, Road blocking hummer!!
Congrats :-) Hope you are really enjoying it!

Unknown said...

LMAO!!! Yes, I got the HUMMER last summer and I'm loving it. Though, I do wish these oil companies would stop raping us and get gas prices back down to a decent level.

Anonymous said...

I HATE THAT CAR!!!!!!!