Thursday, October 19, 2006

Fall Classic Rubber Match


Five days after winning the American League Championship Series, the Detroit Tigers know who's coming to town on Saturday for Game One of the 2006 World Series. I'd say "rematch" is the word. The St. Louis Cardinals will fly into town after winning the National League Championship in almost the same dramatic fashion as the Tigers' win over Oakland last weekend. The stage is now set for a sequel to the 1968 Fall classic between the Tigers and Cardinals which Detroit won and the 1934 Fall classic which the Cardinals won.

As I have repeatedly stated, I am not a big baseball fan. But, I must admit, it has been great watching this post-season. The games-- both American League and National League-- have been great. The drama and suspense has been exhilarating. And, FOX Sports has done a fantastic job of broadcasting the games, adding great perspective and insight to the game through the announcers, field reporters, and the use of graphics.

I will watch this year's World Series with great interest since the Tigers are my hometown team and the Cardinals are my father's hometown team. I must find out who he plans to pull for. This could make for an interesting family rivalry.

Oh, Good Evening!

No comments: