Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Simply the Best

I have always enjoyed watching the news on television. While growing up, I often drove my family crazy sitting at the table, reading the newspaper out loud as if I were anchoring the evening news. I was always imitating my favorite local anchor Bill Bonds. For years, Bonds was the king of Detroit television news anchors and I have always watched WXYZ's Action News because of Bill Bonds.

Bill Bonds has long since retired from doing the news. He now does commercials for a local business. But, I still watch Channel 7 Action News whenever I come home to Detroit. Hands down, Action News is the best. They have the best anchors, reporters, set, graphics, and more.

I've watched a lot of newscasts across the country over the years and none has matched WXYZ's Action News in my opinion. Diana Lewis, Stephen Clark, Robbie Timmons, Jerry Hodak, and Don Shane are tops! I'm not big on Michigan winters so I'm in now hurry to come work in Detroit. But, if I were to move home, WXYZ is where I'd want to work!

Oh, Good Evening!

No comments: