Thursday, September 14, 2006

Carry On!

That damn Michael Knight on Bravo's Project Runway can make some hott clothes! I just finished watching last night's show on my DVR and once again, Knight amazed me. More importantly, he once again impressed the judges. He didn't win the challenge, but he finished a close second. They never tell you who actually finished second, but I could tell based on the judges comments. And, while I'm no fashion design expert, I know what I think looks good and what doesn't and the judges and I were in sync on this one.

Throughout the course of this season, Knight has been praised for his stellar designs and impeccable construction. He has wowed designer Michael Kors to the point I'm thinking Kors might hire the guy, if he doesn't win. ELLE Magazine Fashion Director Nina Garcia loves his work- week in, week out- and she's not easy to win over. Host and executive producer Heidi Klum likes his designs so much, I'm thinking she might consider hanging out with Knight if she weren't already married to singer Seal and pumping out babies for him. OK, that's probaby a stretch.

It is truly amazing how Knight and his fellow contestants crank out designs on Project Runway. The challenges are demanding and seem impossible. Can you imagine coming up with a sketch in 15 minutes, hearing that your budget is $100, having 30 minutes to shop for your black and white fabric which you have to use every last bit of, and only having one day to pull it all off?

I've got my fingers crossed that my boy from the ATL gets to drive off in the SKY with the $100,000 to start his own line! In the words of Project Runway co-host Tim Gunn, "Carry on!"

Oh, Good Evening!

3 comments:

Mystifiedlady said...

I was so mad there wasn't a new episode last night...in fact they went like 2 episodes back. I want to know who did the best at Fashion Week.

Unknown said...

Fashion Week just wrapped up so they have to edit the final shows.

Unknown said...

all i can say is i adore MK and cannot wait to see him win. but i need him to focus and really show us what he can do. he won the fan favorite challenge, so that may say something about him.