Thursday, September 07, 2006

TiVo is a Wonderful Thing!

I stopped watching prime time television several years ago because there really wasn't anything on that grabbed my attention. Plus, even if there had been a show I could get into, I work nights and didn't bother video taping programs because it was too much trouble keeping enough tapes on hand and then finding the time to watch the shows later. Then, along came the DVR. No tapes necessary. Save the files and watch whenver you please. Now I watch more prime time television than ever before and I've just added a couple of new shows to my list.


Justice (Wednesdays, 9pm on FOX): Jerry Bruckheimer Television produces this high speed, high tech legal drama that focuses on a high profile law firm where the specialty is defending clients in high profile cases. Yeah, I know that sounds like most other legal dramas. The hook here-- you don't know how the crime was actually committed until the end. I LOVE IT!!! Give it a look. Stars include Victor Garber (Alias), Kerr Smith (E-Ring), Eamonn Walker (OZ), and Rebecca Mader (The Devil Wears Prada).





Vanished
(Mondays, 9pm on FOX): A U. S. Senator's wife mysteriously disappears from a charity dinner in her honor and the search to find her will take all season. It will also reveal a series of other secrets that add more mystery and intrigue to the story. It's got elements of 24, which I think is the best damn drama show period, that make this one work for me, too. Stars include Gale Harold (Queer as Folk) as Special Agent Graham Kelton, John Allen Nelson (24) as Senator Jeffrey Collins, and Joanne Kelly (Slings and Arrows) as the mysterious and missing Sarah Collins.

Other shows on my TiVo Season Pass List:

  • 24 (FOX)
  • Prison Break (FOX)
  • Desperate Housewives (ABC)
  • Boston Legal (ABC)
  • CSI: Miami (CBS)
  • Las Vegas (NBC)
  • Ghost Whisperer (CBS)
  • Noah's Arc (Logo)
  • Nip/Tuck (FX)
  • American Idol (FOX)
  • Project Runway (Bravo)
  • The Boondocks (Cartoon Network/Adult Swim)

Oh, Good Evening!

No comments: